Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Another Day

Well I was asked to write again and I thought I was doing really good! Well I missed another homecoming and I was sad about it but glad that it still happened. :-) I had to work until around 11pm between meetings and getting stuff done for the next day I was not able to make it. :-(

Anyway today I am kinda everywhere in my thoughts but let me share a scripture that is on my mind. It's II Timothy 2:23-26

"But avoid foolish and ignorant disputes, knowing that they generate strife. And a servant of the Lord must not quarrel but be gentle to all, able to teach, patient, in humility correcting those who are in opposition, if God perhaps will grant them repentance, so that they may know the truth, and that they may come to their senses and escape the snare of the devil, having been taken captive by him to do his will."

So often I would lose myself in a conversation trying to prove what is right. And really that is foolish because the truth always stands! On my heart is many people who don't know Christ or people claim that they know Him and live in a major sin. I had to train myself that instead of getting into a discussion over who was right. Just speak the truth in love and pray that God would grant them the ability to repent.

By the way did you see that if God perhaps will grant them repentance. Don't we serve a great God! See we don't even have the ability to repent without God. Without Him there is no light to expose darkness. How much I love God! He is so cool!

I thank Him for granting me the ability to Repent! I thank Him for being the light in my darkness!

This week think about a person that does not know God and pray that God might shine His light in their hearts. If you tell me the name of the person that you are praying for I will pray with you.

God is big enough! Whatever you are facing this week God is bigger!

3 comments:

Sarah and Tim said...

My brother, help me pray for my brother!

kelly said...

I will pray for your brother.
God is bigger!

Kathy Eden said...

Thanks for that scripture & your thoughts Kelly! Please pray with me for my father...George.